Here is a brief recap of the last 9 years....
Grant and I were married on August 14, 1999. We married right after I finished my Masters in Accounting at Millsaps College. We moved to Starkville and were there for a year and a half while Grant was finishing his degree in engineering at Mississippi State. I worked at a local accounting firm. Once Grant graduated we moved to Natchez for Grant's work. I worked at Darby's gift shop, keeping her books, and sampling the best fudge ever made (that they make in their shop!!).
A job change for Grant took us to Houma, LA where we lived for two and a half years. Madison was born in Houma on December 10, 2002. A true cajun!! I was on bedrest with Madison the last half of my pregnancy, and so I began my job as a stay-at-home Mom before she was even born!! (I did teach myself to crochet and made Madison a blanket while on bed-rest!!......Audrey's blanket hasn't made it past the I've only bought the yarn stage! One day, fingers crossed!!)
Grant got a new job within the same company in New Orleans, LA, so we moved to Mandeville to be closer. We've lived in Mandeville almost 4 years. Audrey was born here on April 4, 2006. This past February, Grant took a new job with Chevron as a drill site manager. He is working offshore on a 14 day on/off schedule this next year training, and when he is finished with his training, will be working in Chevron's new office in Covington, as a drilling engineer.
I am volunteering with Mastokids.Org, an organization I've become involved with after Audrey's diagnosis with a rare skin condition - mastocytosis. I am enjoying the little work I do, and glad to be able to give back to a group who was so helpful to me right after Audrey was diagnosed, and even today!! I will be going to the AAP conference in Boston in October to be a part of the group representing Mastokids.
That's a brief recap...Now on to our lives!!!!
First Day of First Grade!
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment