Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Bitty" Frogs and Lizards


Audrey and Madison have always surprised me by how much they love "critters." I am not a critter person - I don't like them, and I certainly don't want to touch them. I was mowing the yard the other day when Grant was away, and I saw Audrey playing with her toy mower. In just a minute, she ran over to me, very distressed about this "bitty" lizard (as she said) that she had "caught" - "killed" (who's to say) - on her mower. It was a baby lizard, thus the "bitty" part, but now it was dead!!! Audrey wanted it to move so badly. She even proceded to put it on the ground and "kick" it trying to revive it!! If you could have seen the distress all over her face. Poor bitty lizard! She was concerned that it wasn't moving, and after explaining that I thought it was dead, she said, "Oh, man!!" - her newest and fondest phrase.

Well, I'm on to mowing the front yard, thinking the trauma of that event has passed, and what do I hear Madison yelling, "Look, mom, a bitty frog!!" Here are a few pics of the girls with the frog!! I must say that very few bitty creatures last for very long around our house!!




Since that time, the newest attraction has been digging tadpoles and "little fishies" out of the ditch!! Oh the joys of raising girls - (I did say GIRLS!)!!!
Love, Amber

No comments: