Well...it happened.
I got that dreaded call from the church where Audrey goes to Mom's Day Out. The first thing that came out of Mrs. Otillio's mouth was "Audrey is fine. But..."
I am thinking, Oh, great...so who did she hit or bite and how bad is it?
But..instead, she told me that Audrey was stung by a wasp. (Sigh of relief on the hitting thing....panic over the wasp thing.)
Thankfully, she had no reaction at all, and all seemed to be fine. [With her mastocytosis, she has the potential of having very severe reactions with bee or wasp stings, so this is always a concern!]
I went to pick her up at the scheduled time, and we were driving home, and she was just fine.
A motorcycle was in front of us, and all of a sudden it accelerated it's speed and made a very loud buzzing noise.
Audrey couldn't even see the motorcycle, but she said, "You hear 'd that?"
And I said, "Yep."
And she said, "That's a bee," and I couldn't help but laugh thinking that that is probably what she heard as the wasp or bee was approaching her sweet little face!!!
First Day of First Grade!
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment